The European Chemicals Agency, ECHA, has proposed that a further 6 substances be added to Annex XIV of REACH, also known as the Authorisation List.
The 6 substances are:
- N,N-dimethylformamide (DMF)
- Diazene-1,2-dicarboxamide (C,C’-azodi(formamide)) (ADCA)
- Aluminosilicate Refractory Ceramic Fibres (Al-RCF)
- Zirconia Aluminosilicate Refractory Ceramic Fibres (Zr-RCF)
- Bis(pentabromophenyl) ether (decabromodiphenyl ether) (DecaBDE)
- 4-(1,1,3,3-tetramethylbutyl)phenol, ethoxylated (4-tert-Octylphenol ethoxylates) (4-tert-OPnEO)
ECHA have launched a public consultation on these substances which has a closing date of 23 September. The decision to include DecaBDE and Octylphenol ethoxylates has been particularly welcomed by the Swedish NGO ChemSec.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment